Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hickeys, Pounds and Smiles

I never thought I'd ever receive a hickey from another girl, but last night, I did.  It's not as illicit as it sounds, though.  Last night, after feeding our girl, I placed her on my chest (tummy side down) and rubbed her back for a long while.  I felt her rooting around on my neck, but thought nothing of it until I woke this morning and saw two "love bites" in plain sight!

On Thursday we brought the wee ones to see the doctor for their one month check up.  Both are doing very well and their weights are climbing.  Baby boy now weighs 7lbs 11oz (his birth weight was 5lbs 15 oz) and baby girl weighs 7lbs 13oz (her birth weight was 6lbs 7 oz).  We had tons of questions about formula (I'm formula and breastfeeding), about poops and about all kinds of other baby related information.  There is so much about which to be confused, so we tend to ask a lot of questions.  The doctor detected a bit of a clicking noise in our boy's hips and said that we need to schedule an ultrasound to rule out dysplasia.  We'll know more soon.

The doctor said that we should be starting to see social smiles soon, but I thought it was too early.  Nevertheless, K2 and I set to work on seeing if we could get baby girl to smile yesterday while baby boy was napping.  Here are the results.  Brace yourselves.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

24 comments:

  1. You can have a smile from me! I am smiling big time over here ;-)

    Loved hearing your voice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    LOVE IT!! COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute for words!! Check out those beautiful smiles!! Your sweeties are growning and gaining so well! Way to go Baby Boy and Baby Girl!!

    About as cute as they get!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute that baby girl gave you a hickey.

    Glad that they're gaining lots of weight. I hope that baby boy doesn't have dysplasia.

    That smile...oh my dawg...is that a beautiful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! That just melts my heart!!

    That is one super smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really cute!!!

    When you indicated that we should brace ourselves I was expecting some spit up or a fart. So, the cute little smile was a lovely surprise.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, even though you warned me, I wasn't ready for THAT kind of cuteness. What a great smile your girl has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the cutest thing!! She is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. M and M took the words right out of my mouth - i just melted! max was watching with me and smiled right along with her. ahh, that does a heart good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My little sister did that to me when she was an infant and I was in jr. high. Very, very embarrassing to go to school with a hickey on one's chin...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think she looks like you. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable! I can't wait to see these from my girlie too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMW...
    She is TOOOO CUTE..
    Love that smile..
    Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow - that is adorable! All of a sudden all the sleepless nights and other stresses are wiped away . . . all with a single smile. Beautiful!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was totally smiling through that. I LOVE those lop-sided goofy smiles they give when they first start, like they've been drinking or something...:-) I'm pretty sure she gave you the finger in there, you know. A rebel already. Just like her momma.....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is prettiest smile I have ever seen!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As usual, I'm late to the party, but CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful babies!!!!!!!!
    (and those smiles were well worth the wait.) I'm STILL grinnin' from ear to ear!!
    I'm thrilled for your family, just THRILLED!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete