A couple of days ago, I wandered over to Sandra's Blog and saw that she had made a gorgeous Pumpkin Loaf for her family. It looked amazing and I decided to throw caution to the wind and try to whip up a batch (can loaves be considered batches?) all by myself. Those of you who know me, know that I can only make cereal, toast and rice, so mixing and measuring is HUGE for me.
The event was not without a massive mistake. I had just measured out the three cups of sugar and had put in the 3 and 1/3 cups of flour (which was a small mistake to begin with) when I realized that instead of putting in two teaspoons of cinnamon, I had put in two teaspoons of chili pepper. Sigh. I had to throw out that batch and start anew.
The final result was something of which K2, G-Man and my brother each enjoyed two helpings. Nice, eh? Okay, so my brother and K2 could have been stroking my ego by asking for two helpings, but a four year old? Not likely. I think they really liked it!
Thanks, Sandra for this great recipe and for building my culinary confidence!
Two Loaves Made
G-Man enjoying his first slice...look at that grin!
I'm sending one loaf home to you, Mom and Dad! Hope you enjoy it!


K1 & K2
ReplyDeleteG-man and his father have not arrived home yet. Do you think that they may have pulled off the road to eat our share?
The pictures look great and can't wait to taste it. I always knew you had it in you. Congratulations!
Love
Dad
That is a hoot about the chili powder.
ReplyDeleteThe loaf sounds good. i love pumpkin bread and banana bread, myself.
Um hello?! Stop selling yourself short. Do you not remember the car cakes you made? the pies? - from scratch I might add! the salsa? the various cookies?? All documented right here on your blog...
ReplyDeleteCereal, toast and rice my heiny! ;D
That's hilarious! Poor you.
ReplyDeleteThe loaf looks great though.
oohhh, send one my way too please! mmmmm! :)
ReplyDeleteWho knows, you made have had a new flavor hit ~ pumpkin chili bread! Ok, maybe not! :) That is a funny story.
ReplyDeleteI saw the recipe and now that I have seen it twice I am going to give it a try. It looks WONDERFUL!!!
I knew you could do it!!!! Hmmm, pumpkin-chili loaf. It might not be as bad as it sounds.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you enjoyed it. If you enjoyed it the first day, just wait till you eat some the second day ;-)
Good for you! Your domestic goddess is awakening from her slumber. What's next?
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I love pumpkin bread and it's so easy and fun to make. I've been promising my husband that I will make some soon. Maybe next weekend...
SHUT UP! I made it too! Yours turned out better then mine.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
Hey, I'm going to make it too! I saw that recipe and had to try it....just haven't felt up to it just yet....still, it looks DELISH!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you! The chili powder thing, don't worry about it. That's something I would do.
ReplyDeleteThe smile on your little guy's face shows how good the loaf must have been.
Mmmm....looks super yummy! Think I can smell it right through your computer.
ReplyDeleteI have 6 loaves to make for an event this coming Saturday. You've sold me that at least 2 of them need to be pumpkin!
Nice job. Sounds really yummy. I need to go downstairs and make some for this house. Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteNice looking bread!! I knew you had it in you!
ReplyDelete