Friday, October 31, 2008

Tricks and Treats

Do you remember your high school Halloween dances? Hundreds of sweaty kids in more make-up than Tammy Fae Baker sweating up a hormonal storm in a very moist gymnasium?

Good times.

I chaperoned our school's Halloween Dance last night and man, did it bring back a flood of memories to be there. There were some very fun costumes and some very embarrassing dancing (particularly by the football players who, although they have all the moves on the field, know nothing about moves on the dance floor).

Four of our senior students (well respected members of the school community, I might add) showed up at the doors completely stoned and reeking of p*t and alcohol. There are always two police officers who are hired by the school for the night and upon giving them notice, the foursome were quickly retained, parents called and suspensions given. I watched, with some satisfaction/empathetic humiliation, as each parent walked through the doors to pick up their children from two very gruff looking police officers. I suppose these kids will have a very long weekend ahead. Each of the students can say goodbye to their student cabinet positions and, as they head off to university next year, they will do so without the references they had anticipated from the administration.

Good times.

K2 and I have our pumpkins primed and ready to carve later today. As if I have to get through a whole work day before the fun of Halloween can begin!

Have a great Friday!

10 comments:

  1. Did they have teased out bangs and diaper pants with the ankles pinned? Good times...not for fashion though.

    Pumpkin and candy: ready. I think we need more candy...more for us to eat!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy Halloween and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it's a good one. Enviroman is home now, carving away.. it's the only holiday he gets excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good times indeed. I cracked up at the Tammy Faye Baker reference as I dressed up as her back in the day for a Halloween Dance.

    Have a great weekend. The weather is looking positive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love handing out candy and seeing all the costumes. I am looking forward to tonight.

    We haven't carved our pumpkin yet...not sure if we will get around to it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K1& K2
    Was in a chain store today when two workers walked by in what appeared to be cardboard boxes with an alarm clock, a bottle of aspirin, and a flower vase taped to the top. They made me guess what they were and I didn't have a clue. They were dressed as two, one night stands! OK, I thought it was cute.
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pumpkins. Too cute. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, high school dances, remember them well. Too bad about those students and the poor, poor choices they made. Now they'll pay for their mistakes for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete