Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hooked

"Teachers read the least for pleasure out of every other profession".

I can't remember where I heard this quote, but I would bet my bed that it is true. The last book for which I had an attention span was The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. I remember not being able to put it down; reading it in the car, in bed, in lines in the grocery store, etc. I loved the suspense of it, the shear excitement and intelligence of it. I haven't found book since that could grip me in that way. Until now.

Thanks to my best friend I am now completely hooked on "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer. I read Twilight quickly and totally fell in love with Edward. I mean, come on people...
I am now reading the second in the series and plan to read all four books before the movie comes out on November 11th. My plan is to meet Tanya for another movie weekend like we did here. Is anyone else addicted to Edward?

11 comments:

  1. You read a book...

    I have heard of the series, but not read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing to add to our "things we have in common" list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read those books, yet. But I'm thinking about it. I did just finish one that I couldn't put down. You might like it, too. It's called The Russian Concubine. It takes place in China in the late 1920s. It's very fast paced, and I've spent most of the last three days devouring it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the 3rd person in 3 weeks who has raved about the Twilight series. Ilove me a good book so I definitely have to check it ou!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bot the first novel. Lisa is HIGHLY addicted and is jonesing for the books, the movie and Edward. I will be starting it soon...

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh am now, is he just the cutest!!
    Thanks for posting, changed my header, hope you can see the new one.
    Thanks for offering some computer help, I always know who I can call on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking for a new book - just found one :)

    I loved DaVinci Code! So I'm sure I'll love these books, too...

    BTW, when you're looking for a new page turner, try out Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett, and Forever, by Pete Hamill. You'll love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this book until just last week and all of a sudden it's all I am hearing about! I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to buy this book. I have heard lots about it. Does it come with the eye candy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey There! Welcome to the Twihards K1!! It's Doris' friend Lisa, and as Doris Said, I AM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO TWILIGHT! I have read the entire series 3 times and still can't stop reading it! Yes, I am in love with a fictional 17 yr old vampire so shoot me! The movie actually comes out on Nov 21st, I wish it was Nov 11th! And I have FINALLY conviced Doris, our friend Penny and My sister to read them too...and I know they will all soon be as obsessed as me!! You should come to town to go to the movie with all us girls!! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh, yes addicted to these books and I DON'T KNOW WHY!! Not my typical reading material AT ALL but my girlfriend wanted me to read the first one to see if it was too scary for her. It was.
    I have read the first two and only stopped there because I am too frugal to buy the hardcover copies of the other two... have to make the time to drive all the way out to Costco!!! Yikes, I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete