Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ugh

Theme Song:  Nausea ~Beck~

I rarely get sick and often boast about my killer immune system, but today, I'm down for the count.  It all started yesterday while I was sitting in Milestones enjoying a Thai Noodle Salad and the company of a couple of girlfriends.  Flirting with a headache, instead of coming home straight after dinner to take some Advil, I foolishly accompanied one of them to a shop so she could show me a dress she wanted to buy. By the time I got home, I had a full fledged migraine coupled with nausea and trembling.  K2 quickly hit high gear and fetched some Advil, some water and began to rub my temples in between running to the bathroom to...well, let's just say that my Thai Noodle Salad wasn't as friendly coming up as it was going down.

So, not only did I lose my dinner, but I did NOT get to see the last dances on So You Think You can dance (don't judge) with K2. 

Today is better as the migraine is completely gone, but my tummy is still iffy.  This is the third migraine I have had this year and I think I need to pay closer attention to catching it in time so that it doesn't hit as hard as it did last night.  I'm convinced that the nausea and subsequent tummy issues I am having today are a direct result from the migraine.  Any migraine sufferers out there?  Tips, tricks or advice? 

8 comments:

  1. oh..sorry your not feeling well! Hope your back to your spunky self soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better my love.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had any before but it's been 2-3 years I get some bad migraines like that, with the tummy issues and more. I try to figure out what trigger them and I know it happens easily if I am very tired and try to push myself but also it seems when I get cold drink or food (like ice cream) while I am hot. I know it's different for everybody so maybe try to note each time what you did, eat, drink before. You might found out.
    Hope you feel better and that it won't happen too often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a migraine so I don't have any practical advice. I know people who have suffered from them though and they've taken Imitrex (sp?) when they felt it coming on and it really helped them.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap! I am glad you are done with the headache, but I am sorry that you still have stomach issues.

    I hope you are feeling better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're so sick friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. You missed the last part of SYTYCD? Oh no! I love that show! :) Seriously, I hope you are feeling better. Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I know I'm a little late on this, but yes - fellow sufferer here :)

    My trick for getting rid of one is taking 2 Advil AND 2 Extra Strength Tylenol, and chasing it with a small cup of really strong coffee. I used to take prescription meds for them and seriously, this trick works faster for me than any thing else did. Most days it takes only 30-45 mins and it's completely gone. I'm still tired as hell afterwards, but my head doesn't feel like it's going to implode...lol.

    ReplyDelete