Remember this surprise? Well, I knew I had to get her back at some point and this week seemed best. Tanya had been
On Monday, I woke up feeling sad, brought my car in to get an oil change, came home and cut the grass, went for a run, took a shower, and packed a bag for Ottawa. I figured that I could either sit on my couch for four hours and feel sorry for myself, or I could sit in my car for four hours while driving to Ottawa and get a hug from my best friend at the end of it. Only, I didn't tell her I was coming.
When I arrived in her driveway, I pulled out my recently acquired cell phone and sat there trying to figure out how to dial a freaking long distance number - I so rarely use any kind of phone, that this sent me for a loop. She didn't answer on the first try. I called again and she answered (she had been swimming in her pool). She asked where I was and I told her that I was in my car. I then asked her if she could do me a BIG favor and make me a Cosmo and bring it to me.
"GET! OUT!" she squealed.
"Oh, I'm OUT!" I retorted.
I had just enough time to open the door of my car to get out before she and Craig appeared in the driveway.
Good times.
We shopped, we ate sushi, we laughed.
Driving home, I began to feel sad and overwhelmed once again. I'm not sure why I am feeling so sad this week. I had a big cry with K2 tonight and that helped, I think. Tears come so seldom for me that it always takes him aback when I cry, but he held me close until his shoulder was perfectly soaked and that was all that mattered.
Good friends are priceless :)
ReplyDeleteI'd drive 4 hours to share a cocktail with my BFF! So sweet.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're having a hard time this week...
ReplyDeleteGood times with good friends!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great surprise for Tanya and so much fun for both of you! Hope the drive wasn't too bad for you.
ReplyDeleteSorry you're feeling down - thankful with you for such a great husband!
k
I'm so glad you got in your car and made that drive to see your sweet friend...but I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling sad.
ReplyDeleteI am happy that you had a surprise visit, that you took conquered the boredom and spent time with special friends.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you are sad, that you cried and your heart is heavy. Sometimes like you said, it helps.
I only wish I were closer to offer 'tinis and hugs.
I miss you terribly. Sometimes it hurts my heart.
I love surprises too...hee hee!
Soon we will be sharing the same space and time.
Keep smilin!
I went to see the doctor of philosophy. ..
ReplyDeletepuppet :(
ReplyDeleteThanks for the awesome surprise!
I'm sorry your struggling, but I think you did the right thing to take that drive. I drive 6 hours sometimes to visit a friend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great surprise for Tanya! An awesome visit with your BFF will heal all...except the coming home part.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness that you have K2.
I hope you are feeling better.
I am thinking about you.
Sorry you are feeling so sad. I am glad that you have a great BFF to help ease some of the sadness.
ReplyDeleteSurprise are great!
ReplyDeleteSorry you feel sad this week.
What a great surprise!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are feeling down. ((hugs))
Those are the best kind of surprises.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are feeling sad - I get that though. I do.
Sad times suck. But sometimes they're necessary to show us how to soak in and appreciate the good times even more.
ReplyDeleteGlad you made the drive. It was worth it, no? :)
I'm so happy that you were able to spend time with Tanya. It's great to be able to spend time with the ones you care about the most.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you've been feeling down. Days like those are tough. At least K2's shoulder is there when you need it and even though we're far way, remember we're here too.
What a great surprise for Tanya and huge treat for yourself! Glad you had such a great visit together!
ReplyDeleteI'm like you and do not enjoy driving by myself at all. My saving grace these days is talking books from the library.
Still looking forward to getting together with you for an evening. Hopefully this week!