
Thank you for your words of sympathy and compassion on the death of Henry. My family reads this blog and they were touched, once again, by this amazing community.
We hugged Bear extra long yesterday and snuggled with him a little closer today. Henry's sudden death brought up some of the grief we still have about Cheetah and man, is it tough. These sweet animals who grace our lives mean so much to all of us and it seems as though many of my friends have had to let their babies go.
To those who have never experienced the love of an animal in this way, it may seem as though we are too attached, too emotional, and too needy. If you have been lucky enough to be loved by a beautiful dog, a snuggly cat, a chit-chatty bird, or any other animal that brings unconditional love, then you know. You know the blessing they bring, you know the laughter that lingers well after they are gone, you know the comfort a nuzzle can bring. It is a comfort like nothing else. Unconditional. If only the human race could take lessons from the love of an animal. They care not what we look like, what we smell like, how intelligent we are, how much money we make or how many friends we have on Fac*ebook. All they want, all they ever need, is a pat on the head, a leg on which to lean, a lap in which to curl up and a treat or two to chew on. Easy. To have a friend in a pet brings a reward unlike any other, but it also brings much heartache. Their love is worth it.Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions,they pass no criticisms.
~ George Eliot
Always.
I'm in complete agreement with you. I have the most wonderful dog Sierra that has gotten me through the last 3 years and I know I will completely loose it when this horrible day comes. I pray it will be a good long time from now. Everyone things we are too connected to Sierra because we don't do ANYTHING without her. Our trip to China is going to be a real challenge. We have talked about one of us staying home with her. I am so sorry once again for your loss.
ReplyDeleteYou've hit the nail right on the head. That's all I've been able to think about this past week, how much Jazz brought to our lives. Her love was unconditional. No matter what we did, how we behaved, nothing mattered. To me, that's love in it's truest, purest form.
ReplyDeleteIt is absolutely true- an animal touches us like no other. Take care, dear Henry.
ReplyDeleteso very true.
ReplyDeleteI always say, if we come back, I want to come back as one of my dogs.
I know how you still miss Cheetah it is an emptiness that NEVER goes away....
Beautifully said...and that's a gorgeous picture of Bear.
ReplyDeleteSO very true. There is not a minute in the day that I don't think of our Molly and what she gave to our family.
ReplyDeleteHugs...
Beautiful post.
ReplyDeleteTOTALLY true. That's why I love them so much. It's unconditional love, no strings attached.
ReplyDeleteVery poignant post. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteIt helps me remember our Ginger who we lost in January.
I get it. And you're right... their love is worth it.
ReplyDeleteYou took the words from my heart and expressed it beautifully. Hard to convey to those who do not have pets, how much love we have for our furry babies.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!