Monday, December 31, 2007

Tradition

Seven years ago, when ours was the first house standing in our new subdivision, K2 and I developed a tradition that 'reveals' a little something about our adventurous spirit.

The tradition usually takes place at the stroke of midnight (if we are home) or as soon as we get in (if we are celebrating elsewhere). If you are lucky enough to be spending the eve at our house, you will be persuaded to join in, but due to the 'nature' of the tradition, we have only ever had two brave risk-takers.

Now that our subdivision is fully inhabited, it is a little more of a risky undertaking to make the run and drop in the snow to leave our angelic imprints, but we will persevere.

Any takers?
angel

22 comments:

  1. I'd have to be plied with quite a bit of alcohol and bubka, but I'd be up for the challenge. ;)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Shawn will be up to ANYTHING if you dare him.

    Hope you guys have a very Happy New Year, you both deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those NAKED butt cheek impressions that I see?

    I only stick my nekked butt in the snow if I am less than 2 ft. from the hot tub.

    Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this naked "nature"?

    Wow...

    No, thanks! I'm not even willing to do that in the grass here (no snow in So CA).

    Bonne Annee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd do it.... next year.

    But only after many many margaritas and my "2008 new year resolution to get healthy and skinny plan" has worked. LOL!

    Watch out for frostbite.
    Happy New Year to the K's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would run naked thru snow with you. But since we are not together...I would be alone and people would stare. So...skipping it this time but next year???

    Have fun...avoid frostbite on the tender bits.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year to K1 and K2!!! I love reading your blog and love the new look. My goal for the new year is to learn how to spiff up my own blog. I am nearly computer illiterate so it may take all year long!!!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like FUN!!! If only I were closer, fully inebriated, and it was sand not snow I would think about it and then send Ryan to join you!!!! LOL

    Happy New Year!!!
    Be Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would most definitely join you!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do I have to be naked? I'm not doing it if I have to be naked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaah, there's nothing quite like naked snow angels. lubberly. a bit chilly on the special bits and pieces but lubberly none the less.

    hope you are warming up nicely after your jaunt.

    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in...but only if Hydro turns off the power for a few minutes!
    Happy New Year to you both! Hoping 2008 is kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man what an AWESOME tradition, and what I wouldn't give to be a part of it!! No snow in Florida though :O) Happy New Year you guys... the blog is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore you guys! Wonderful tradition...and I would join ya if you promised not to look!

    Your blog is lookin' good...it's always nice to change things up a bit.

    I thought about you as the clock struck midnight and smiled...it's 2008 and I do hope it is SWEET to you.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome! I'm up for it! Hope you had a great New Year's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. nope

    I clipped my wings years ago... that and I'm more of snow bunny sit in the chalet with a largish glass of belly fire, type of gal. You go for it though!

    Have a Happyish New Year?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year to you, honey. Your snow angel is beautiful. Traditions are wonderful, especially when they make your heart light and happy. And if cold ice up your rear is your thing, then enjoy!

    We go to Whole Foods and buy whatever we want to eat and as much of it as we want and we get to eat it until it is gone. We have bottles and bottles of wine. Three pounds of cheese. Paté. Pastries. Mounds of pineapple, groseilles, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. Huge container of crushed olives provencales. And a myriad of other goodies. K1, I wanted to add that I am really grateful for your friendship. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll go for it, not sure my hubby has the balls for it, LOL.
    He is shrinking at the thought of it, LOL.
    Great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This must be the winter version of Skinny Dipping.

    I would join you.....if it was PITCH dark and I was hammered.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!!! Thought of you at midnight last night and your crazy tradition. Sadly this chicken chickie will stick to hangin' in her jammies to welcome in the new year. Your tradition makes me think of only one thing... Brrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete