Saturday, December 8, 2007

Our New Favorite Indulgence

Candy Cane Hot Chocolate: so good, it will make you close your eyes.

Begin with Tim Horton's Hot Chocolate (or any kind of HC you like).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Purchase a package of peppermint candy canes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Crush them with a chopper or food processor.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Insert two Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses in each cup and fill with hot chocolate.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Top the hot chocolate with whipped cream (fat free, of course).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sprinkle with chopped candy canes and serve to drooling guests.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It is incredibly satisfying and goes well with chocolate chip banana muffins. Enjoy!

21 comments:

  1. Your party invite states
    B.Y.O.I
    bring your own insulin

    sounds absolutely lethal

    ReplyDelete
  2. K1&K2
    It really looks good! Goes well with chocolate chip banana muffins you say. How does a drooling guest get invited?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...that looks and sounds phenomenal!! Where do you live and how long would it take me to reach you? :o) Flying would be considered with that at then end of the flight! Yuuuummmmmyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh....so good. Drool............

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, can I be a "guest"? That looks SO yummy! I think I might just try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I be one of your drooling guests too? That looks sinfully good. I think that would go with with just about anything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!! I wonder if 8am is too early for one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, that sounds really good and looks pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty and sounds great. I would come, but with all those drooling guests you are having, I think I will just stay home and try to make my own ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds Yummy! I'll have to try one...or two or three!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to find some of this Tom Hortons. Is is a Canada thing?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just another reason why I'd love to be a guest at YOUR home!
    Looks TOO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had my first at Timmie's.
    So in love with indulgence.
    Another reason to be Canadian and proud.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks just...too...damn...good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm making that TONIGHT...looks so freakin awesome, especially since it was -16C here yesterday...no idea what it is today...I'm not going outside!

    Hayley in Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't copy down the receipe, but I know where you live...I will invite myself over and you can make one for me!! Sounds like a plan to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ok, now that looks GOOD! I've tried the TH's candy cane donuts but didn't try the hot chocolate. Maybe I'll try your recipe, with my required shot of Bailey's and a dark chocolate truffle to melt, just to try a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  18. woo hoo
    I found the post finally.
    I am making it now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. and now I am drinking it,
    yum!
    Thank you for sending me the ingredients

    think I'll have a cherry blossom on the side

    ReplyDelete