Friday, December 21, 2007

Focus

Things that are making me happy today:

  • A quaint new café opened up down the street and I stopped there on my way home today. I treated myself to a non-fat caramel latté and sat in one of the leather chairs by the fire enjoying it. Bliss.
  • My beloved (Secret Agent) sent these amazingly beautiful flowers and each time I pass them, I stop to smell their deliciousness. Doesn't it make you wish that computer screens had smell-evision?



  • These two beautiful angels hanging in our tree given to us by the ever-so-sweet Liz.
  • I found a new way to display our holiday cards and I am loving it. When people come over, the first thing they see as they enter our foyer is our collection of beautiful cards that extend all the way down the stairs.

  • K2 is officially on holidays as of two hours ago and it will be nice to have him home for a week. While I have been off of work to deal with the miscarriage, K2 has not taken a day and is ready for some well deserved rest.
  • Finally, a gratuitous picture of my little buddy. This little hunk of fur is my truest form of comfort (who needs a heating pad when you've got this hunk of warmth purring on your belly?) . There is no way I could love him more.

16 comments:

  1. Those flowers are beautiful! Good job to K2. Hope you both enjoy your well deserved time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful flowers. I hope you have a peaceful and cozy Christmas holiday together.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty flowers! What a thoughtful friend.

    Cards and ornaments are cute. Glad you furry friend has been home and now that your non-furry friend is home on vacay too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for vacay and pressies from lovely friends.

    Enjoy your time and give Bear a hug for me.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are gorgeous! Enjoy the time home with the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're finding some beauty during your time of pain. Your cat is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for the Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are wonderful things to focus on. Glad you and K2 will have a lot of time together over the holiday.
    Your flowers are lovely.
    Your Christmas cards are displayed beautifully - fabulous idea!
    Your furry friend makes me want to snuggle...I came very close to getting Lily a kitty for Christmas this year. maybe next year?
    Sending huge hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers!

    Enjoy the 'downtime' with K2. If you feel the urge for some impromptu sushi...just let us know. ;)

    Give Bear a tummy tickle for us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad to see this post. Your cards look great and I too am truly in love with a cat. I hope that your weekend is peaceful and that you and your husband enjoy some nice holiday time off. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I wanted to say that I do usually do posts to encourage others to lift up the great women out here in blogland. But I just couldn't for you. It was too personal, I thought about it but I just didn't think it would be respectful to the true magnitude of what happened. I care tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you can still experience some happiness during this painful time.
    I love the idea for the Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are beautiful, that Secret Agent is a sweet lady. :O)
    Your kitty is just beautiful, reminds me of my Great Grandma's kitty "Smokey".
    Glad you and K2 are going to be having some time off. Your in my thoughts, I am wishing you the best that the season brings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just love those flowers! Beautiful! And what a good idea with the cards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your time with K2 and with your little fur ball.

    Mine just puked all over my living room....NOT a way a like to start my morning! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am more of a dog person (allergic to felines) but that is one cute ball of fur.

    ReplyDelete