Saturday, December 15, 2007

Breaking All The Rules

Doris and Dan rolled into town last night at around 4:30 p.m. and we were thrilled to hear the doorbell ring and to see our friends again. How surprised were we to see that Michelle and Mark had cut their vacation in Australia short by showing up at our front door as well! The six of us sat and talked, and drank, and laughed until close to 7:00 p.m. before leaving to meet our friends for a 7:00 reservation (oops).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We arrived at the restaurant to see Catherine,Dolores and Shawn, and Liz and Ava. Soon afterwards, Rhonda and Josh
showed up to partake in the evenings' festivities.
Liz and Ava
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Shawn and Dolores
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Doris and Ava
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Michelle and Mark had a great time with us last night. They enjoyed some nachos...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They enjoyed some yummy drinks...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But when another man tried to leave with Michelle...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Doris had to scold her. It was the only iffy moment in the evening...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


When dinner was complete, we knew that the evening couldn't end. Josh and Rhonda had to leave for home because they had an early start this morning, and Liz and Ava said their goodbyes as well. The rest of the group decided to drive to a nearby dessert restaurant where we could continue chatting and enjoying some yummy food.

A special thank you to these dudes for a sugar-filled gift extravaganza. Our insulin levels shot through the roof as soon as we opened the tin.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Catherine, thank you ever so much for the beautiful ornament that is so perfect for our tree. I saw this ornament in the store and thought it was so sweet and to now have one of our own is so great.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As well, a special kayak paddle to Rhonda and Josh for these uber cool kayak votives that they found and gave to us last night. How cool is that???
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Thanks for a really lovely evening, everyone. K2 and I were not sure we would be able to make it last night, but we are thankful for making the last minute decision to gather together.

21 comments:

  1. OMG you should be able to hear my laughter from here!!

    THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!

    There was a comment on my blog from Liz saying she enjoyed dinner with us last night and I just thought that she had me mixed up with someone else!!

    Too funny!

    Thanks for including us in your gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW......that is so hilarious! I nearly spit my coffee all over my computer!

    So glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO funny! It looks like you guys had fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you both came. It was great seeing you guys. Hope your both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, that's HILARIOUS!!! I was surprised to see that M and M had returned early....and then what I saw was so cute!!
    Glad you had a good evening. Hope you're down from the sugar high by now...
    cari

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a great time, as always, seeing you on Friday and I'm really glad you liked the kayaks. When I saw it, it just screamed K1 and K2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ava and I had a great evening...so glad we could join you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are hilarious! Never have I wanted more to be Canadian than at this very moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is hysterical!!!
    love the picture idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. You guys ROCK!!! That was too funny, I thought my brother and Michelle were home early and didn't tell us! LOL.

    You guys always have a blast when you get together. It is so great to see.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time!

    Love the little ornaments. Bill and bought the same yesterday. I adore them!

    Have a nice week.

    Nice BLOG!

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome group of friends! Those cutouts are do dang funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, hiarious, I am laughing so hard I can't concentrate on Survivor.
    Great post, I loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's a whole lot of fun!

    Love the votive holders!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great evening! I love it when impromptu dinners work out. Who knew we'd all live such exciting lives that with just a couple of hours notice we could all make it to dinner on a Friday night in December...even Mark and Michelle! D&D...what a great idea you had to bring them along!

    I chatted online with Michelle last night and mentioned I was a little disappointed in she and Mark when they drove from dinner to dessert in my car (properly seatbelted in of course) yet didn't partake in the conversatrions I tried to start. I had so many questions about their trip but they were unusually quiet! :o)

    Great to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was hilarious...so your style. The first couple of pictures I was squinting to see if it really was Mark and Michelle (peeking thru holes in the paper...I know I'm not real bright)! You all REALLY know how to have fun and just enjoy each other's company...I'm always a bit envious of your get togethers.
    Also love the ornaments (they are hanging on our tree) and the kayak votives ROCK!
    SO glad you and K2 decided to go!

    ReplyDelete