Over the past week, she had been asking with more urgency and we decided that, to play on her excitement, we'd try to find a place that we felt comfortable with. Well, no sooner had we entered the store did we decide this was THE place. She was so very brave and only cried afterward for a bit. She is more than a little excited to get her very own jewelry box in 8 weeks (when the after care period is up)and to shop for more earrings.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
After Months of Begging!
Our little girl had been asking us, almost every single day, if she could get her ears pierced. It all started when she began pre-school in the fall. Many of the girls in her class have earrings and she was fascinated by them. We told her that it hurt, we told her that there was care involved, we told her about the risks, we told her that she might cry, and we told her that she could have them done when she turned four. After all, I was four when I had mine pierced way back in 1977.
Over the past week, she had been asking with more urgency and we decided that, to play on her excitement, we'd try to find a place that we felt comfortable with. Well, no sooner had we entered the store did we decide this was THE place. She was so very brave and only cried afterward for a bit. She is more than a little excited to get her very own jewelry box in 8 weeks (when the after care period is up)and to shop for more earrings.
Kaia Gets Her Ears Pierced from K & J on Vimeo.
Over the past week, she had been asking with more urgency and we decided that, to play on her excitement, we'd try to find a place that we felt comfortable with. Well, no sooner had we entered the store did we decide this was THE place. She was so very brave and only cried afterward for a bit. She is more than a little excited to get her very own jewelry box in 8 weeks (when the after care period is up)and to shop for more earrings.
Labels:
Cant Stand The Cuteness,
Chick,
Parenting,
Special Days,
Twinventures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go Kaia!!! What a brave girl your were and your earrings look beautiful! Did you know that they have Mickey earrings? They would be beautiful in your ears too!
ReplyDeleteMommy - please forgive me for not showing this video to my little love. Heh...I can only imagine what it would lead to! ;o)
You are a way better mom than my mom. I had to wait until I was 12 and I am sure that it almost killed me. However, I waited until I was 12 and my sister (1 1/2 years younger) got her ears pierced about 2 months after me. I am still scarred from that.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Kaia. B wants to know WHY did she want to put holes in her ears.