Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week's End

Since Blogger has been funky all week, I'm going to amalgamate some of the posts I've had in my head, yet couldn't write because every time I tried to log on (which wasn't often, I admit) Blogger was down.


Mother's Day 2011

I had a lovely Mother's Day. Sure, I got up early, made everyone French toast, did two loads of laundry, played in the park with the twins and made dinner for everyone, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. This is my life and I love it.
J. helped the babies make a craft for me and there were beautiful flowers waiting for me when I got home from my Gramma's funeral on Saturday. I am blessed.
Photobucket
Pea's little chubby hands are on the left and Chick's slender fingered hands are on the right.  The little note says, "Here's a happy hug-a-bunch.  Wrap it around and feel the crunch.  May smiles and kisses come your way with lots of love on Mother's Day"

Dear God The Fighting

Chick and Pea have been *ahem* squabbling over every. little. thing this week. I made a vow very early on in their little lives that I wouldn't be a referee and that I would let them sort out their own stuff. Well, it's not working for me as well as I had though it would. Also, I'm quite certain that whomever invented wine was a mother of twin toddlers. Just sayin'.

Big Boy Bed

After almost 21 months of hating his crib and letting everyone in the neighbourhood know it at all hours of the night, we finally decided to dismantle it and move a double bed (thanks to Gramma and Grampa) into Pea's room.  As soon as we get the appropriate safety wares for him, we will start transitioning him to his big boy bed.  To be completely honest, I think I may have a more difficult time than he will in the transition.  I have loved co-sleeping with Pea all these months and will miss being able to reach across and rub his back in the co-sleeper we made for him.  *sniff*

Baby Girl Crib

Chick loves her crib.  LOVES it.  She sometimes just sits in it and reads the books she has in there.  There is no way on this planet that she is ready for a big girl bed.  She sleeps 12-13 hours a night in that crib and we are not about to mess with that kind of shut-eye.

Smoothie Deliciousness

I have been making delicious and nutritious smoothies for the babies (yes, they are still babies in my eyes) for a while now.  It's a great way to get fruit and veggies into them and a tasty treat, too! I usually make them with Greek yogurt to improve the protein count.  Yummy!

Photobucket
Blueberry Smoothie, anyone?
Photobucket
Spoon-licking good!
Photobucket
No hands!
Photobucket
Happy face!

Outdoor Fun

There is nothing we love more as a family than spending time outdoors in the sunlight.  The weather this past week was glorious and we were outside from sunrise to sunset every day.  The twins discovered dandelions and think that they are the most beautiful "flowers" or "wowas"  in the world.  How can you deny their beauty when a toddler carefully picks one out for you and presents it to you with a wide grin?  You simply cannot.  Here are a few pictures of our fun in the sun.

Photobucket
Sidewalk chalk is very fun!  All they want us to draw are balls and moons.
Photobucket
Our friend A. usually comes over to play with us when we are in front of the house.
Photobucket
Chick's first (of many, I'm confident) skinned knee.
Photobucket
Fun at the park.  How cute is this boy?
Photobucket
Chick enjoys playing with everyone's sand toys but her own.
Photobucket
Pea still loves the baby swing!
Photobucket
Chick contemplating the slide.
Photobucket
Juice break!
Photobucket
A hike along a fun path.
Photobucket
Watching the storm water pond's flow.
Photobucket
Searching for pinecones (py-cohs).
Photobucket
What's a hike without a stick?
Photobucket
My boys.

7 comments:

  1. I say they are babies until they are five. Great pics as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know blogger was down!

    Happy Mothers Day! What wonderful present you got.

    Wine, wine and more wine will take you through it!

    Pea is going to look so small in his bed. I will keep my fingers crossed that this is what he needs to be comfortable.

    Glad to hear that Chick is loving her crib.

    LOVE the blueberry faces!!

    I love the outside too - though the rain has been driving me nuts lately.

    Kiss Chick's knee for me.

    That is a nice looking park that you have the kids playing at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather last week was glorious! Even though Saturday was cloudy the rain held off and we had a great time with you!

    I cannot get over how similar our adventursome girlies are. Love it and how much fun all our kiddos have together!

    I must take time to walk in the woods more often.

    Hoping the transition to the big boy bed goes well for Pea...and Mommy. yikes!! A huge step for mommy!!

    we miss you already! Hannah shouted, 'Chick' and 'Pea' when she saw the pics come up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - Have you tried Windows Live Writer? Love-it!! Even when blogger was down I was able to create posts and then just put them up when it comes back up. A great tool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, Love, LOVE the last picture! So Cool!!!

    Of course all of the pictures are wonderful! I LOVE Chick's bonnet! Too Cute!

    I've made smoothies for years. I never thought to make one for Z. We're going to try that! He LOVES mash-ups!

    Happy Be-lated Mother's Day! What a blessing it was this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try smoothies. Breakfast perhaps tomorrow!

    I love that you cherish each moment and share the beauty of your loves.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are great pictures, as usual. Want to share that smoothie recipe?

    ReplyDelete