Early this Monday morning, we decided to head up to yet another hiking trail just North of us to spend some time enjoying nature and walking along under the cool shade of tower-tall trees. We began hiking with the twins early on and we can see their love of nature developing rapidly. Chick and Pea love to find new leaves, big rocks, and to listen to all of the different tweets of the birds in the trees. I hope they carry this love with them forever.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Spring Hike
J. had ten days of holidays still to take before the end of June. Instead of taking them all in one block of time, we decided that he should take Fridays and Mondays off starting last weekend. Brilliant! We certainly aren't in a position to go on vacation anywhere, so this will allow us extra long weekends to be together as a family and to enjoy many "staycations" until the end of June.
Early this Monday morning, we decided to head up to yet another hiking trail just North of us to spend some time enjoying nature and walking along under the cool shade of tower-tall trees. We began hiking with the twins early on and we can see their love of nature developing rapidly. Chick and Pea love to find new leaves, big rocks, and to listen to all of the different tweets of the birds in the trees. I hope they carry this love with them forever.
Spring Hike from Two Kayaks on Vimeo.
Early this Monday morning, we decided to head up to yet another hiking trail just North of us to spend some time enjoying nature and walking along under the cool shade of tower-tall trees. We began hiking with the twins early on and we can see their love of nature developing rapidly. Chick and Pea love to find new leaves, big rocks, and to listen to all of the different tweets of the birds in the trees. I hope they carry this love with them forever.
Labels:
Chick,
Parenting,
Pea,
Special Days,
Twins,
Twinventures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVED when Pea grabbed Chick's hand! Too cute and sweet!!
ReplyDeletePea is quite a good stone thrower!!
LOVE seeing them in motion :-)
ReplyDeleteOh so sweet!! Love Pea trying to hold Chick's hand and her being her independant little self.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful place to hike! We really need to set a date to join you! What does Saturday look like for you?
They are scrumptious! I so want to find some hiking trails to go on our own adventure.
ReplyDeleteKeep smilin!
http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca/
ReplyDeleteI have been reading your blog forever and when I saw this I immediately thought of you and J and the scary rides you went on in Wonderland. I love rides but never would go on some the wild ones you were on :)
Sherri,
ReplyDeleteWow!! Now that is something I know J. will want to try (do I tell him about it??). I, on the other hand, am in full mommy-mode and would be too afraid something bad would happen to me in the process - you know heart attack, anxiety attack, etc. So, I'll keep my feet planted on the ground for the next 16 years or so (maybe more). ;)
Let me know if you know of someone who does try it!
Ha ha ...ya, those sweet babies need a mom and a dad so I wouldn't tell him if I were you! So far no one I've talked to is eager to try it. We all love our lives too much :) And, we are just way too chicken.
ReplyDelete