Sunday, April 10, 2011

Magical Moon

We spend a great deal of time outside (even in the cold winter months) but haven't spent a lot of time outside at dusk.  We have several books in which the moon is present and discussed, but tonight was the first time that Chick actually made the connection between what she has learned through books and what appears in the night sky.  Seeing the moon through her eyes tonight was magical. I can only imagine the awe she must have felt.

9 comments:

  1. They both have the sweetest voices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodnight moon. Goodnight room. Goodnight cow jumping over the moon…

    I see what you mean about Pea having a french accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!

    On another topic, I've totally been looking for PJs like that for my little guy. Fun that Chick and Pea both have them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO sweet! One of my all time favorite books that I used to read to the girls (besides Goodnight Moon) is Papa, please get the moon for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so amazing when they make connections like that. I always think, wow! She understood me and remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are edible!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete