Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Because I Don't Want To Forget These Moments

Photobucket
Tonight, I was cuddling with Pea in bed (we co-sleep)and lying face to face with him as he was drifting off to sleep. We had read three stories, had retraced our day from start to finish and I then shared my favorite moment of the day with him. Not long after he turned out the light and snuggled back into our face to face position in the dark, did his body quiet down and his breathing become rhythmic. I was about to get up to come back downstairs when from the darkness came a little voice. What he said made my heart swell and made me stay and hold him longer than I typically do.

His words:  "Happy, Mama."

7 comments:

  1. So Sweet and adorable.

    I can't imagine how that made you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your heart must have felt very full in that moment. What a sweet boy he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so few words but so much meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What motherhood is all about. So happy for you and your happy little man:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goose bumps! What precious, precious words of a little boy who knows he is loved!

    ReplyDelete