Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January 12, 2009



Two strong heartbeats. Chick measures 6 weeks 3 days with a heartbeat of 130 and Pea measures 6 weeks 1 day with a heartbeat of 125.

The u/s tech was SO quiet for about 5 minutes and we were sweating it out while waiting for any sign of life from her. Finally, she said “Beautiful” and turned the monitor to show us the most beautiful sight I have ever seen in my life…the flickering heartbeats. Simply amazing. I lost it.

Pea was hiding and was giving her a hard time, but she finally got a good visual at the end. Phew.

I know that we still have a VERY long way to go to get to live babies, but this was a big hurdle for us and we are beyond thrilled. Next u/s is at 12 weeks. How will I ever wait THAT long?

A year ago yesterday, we saw two flickering heartbeats on the ultrasound machine. I cried like a baby and couldn't believe it. We had gone for pregnancy ultrasounds before and saw either no heartbeat or heartbeats that were too faint to give us hope for a live birth. To see these two strong heartbeats gave us a kind of hope we had never dreamed before.

Now, a year later, there are two 15 pound miracles napping in their cribs upstairs.  I feel blessed, I feel amazed every day, and I am in a love so deep it makes my heart swell. 

6 comments:

  1. I remember that day. I think it is okay to tell you now that during your entire pregnancy, I thought of you every day. Each time I opened your blog, I held my breath for fear of there being bad news. I smiled from ear to ear every time you posted a belly picture. I sighed a big sigh of relief when the news came that you had given birth to two healthy babies and I cried tears of joy for you, because I know your history.

    Now I come to your blog with anticipating of reading happy stories and seeing pictures of those babies of yours. And every time that I do, I am still smiling from ear to ear.

    I could not be happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no one who deserves it more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. What a wonderful year it's been!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were never far from my thoughts, heart and prayers during that time and it is hard to express how wonderfully happy we are for you 4.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you will never forget any of those moments for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete