Already? Sigh. At 5 months and one week (and while shopping in Old Navy - great lighting in there), I noticed Pea has his first tooth cutting through. I knew his gums were swollen, but I thought it would take a couple more months to see the first bit of white.
I realize that it is difficult to see, but it's very challenging to get a 5 month old to smile without sticking out his tongue.
Last night was rough. Typically, Pea sleeps from 7:30pm - 6:00am (with, perhaps, one episode of me having to pat his back in the middle of the night) but last night was very different. He cried at 2am, 4am and was finally up for the day at 5am. I am assuming that his mouth is sore. Poor little puppet. I hope he is not too grumpy today as it makes for a very l o n g day when I'm alone with grumpy babies.


Congratulations little Pea!
ReplyDeleteGet those bibs ready... Hope your little Pea is able to take a nice long nap today!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Pea is in a bit of pain, but congrats on his first tooth! Hopefully he takes a nap later.
ReplyDeleteAwww...teeth already? My little Gavin, almost 6 months, has been chewing and chewing on his hand lately, but no teeth visible yet. I'm not ready to the grumpiness. Ugh. You have a very beautiful family!
ReplyDeleteWhat a big boy! Poor pookie. Poor you. Hopefully the twins will take turns cutting teeth.
ReplyDeleteA steady diet of tylenol and baby orajel work wonders. . . and a cold washcloth to chew!
I hope he is not in a lot of pain! Poor Pea.
ReplyDeleteIt was Walmart for us in Nanchang that I saw the first tooth on Daphne.
Keep smilin!
Poor Pea!!
ReplyDeleteToo bad a right of passage has to hurt in the process.
I hope he is feeling better and back to himself soon - or until the next tooth comes through.
I see little teeth! Too cute! But not nice for him, poor guy!
ReplyDeleteMy first child cut her first tooth at FOUR MONTHS! She lost her first tooth at 4. AAAAHHH!!!!
Tooo cute.. love it..
ReplyDeleteAww They grow up so fast! I have a feeling Boo Ba won't be far behind with his first tooth.
ReplyDeleteLittle teeth!! I hope he's not too uncomfortable. How do you feel about drugs? (for you or them...I'm not picky)
ReplyDeleteTeething is H@$$!!! Oh my! For the twins, it was BRUTAL! They were both projectile vomiting and then refused to eat for a week and then bam, the bottom 2 teeth came through! Hope things get better for you! At 10 months, they still only have 2 teeth, I'm not looking forward to the rest coming in. May I suggest drugging them??? Tylenol and motrin (if over 6 months) works wonders. Also, teething tablets help (they're all natural). It makes them much more comfortable as well as mommy!
ReplyDeleteHe's a fast one your little man is! Way to go Pea!!
ReplyDeleteHe is definitely rushing to do just about everything before his sister does them.
ReplyDeleteI hope he is feeling better. Teething can be rough.