Sunday, January 3, 2010

Family

When I think about how much I've loved sharing the utter joy I feel about our babies with my family, it warms my heart. I know how lucky I am to have the family that I do. My parents would do anything in the world for us and I have a brother who would drop everything in a heartbeat if we needed him. It's nice to be sure of these things. I suppose I sometimes take it for granted and shouldn't.
This is why having K2's family finally meet the babies this week was so important. I have felt sad for K2 in that he hadn't been able to share the same joy. He is proud of his son and daughter and having his parents and his brother (his other brother had met the twins before) finally make the decision to come, was a very good thing. His parents hadn't been here in almost ten years, so it was huge.
Some pictures of the day:

 K2's dad with Pea

 K2's mom with Chick

 K2's dad with Chick

 K2's mom with Pea
A good day.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I'm go glad they came for a visit to meet your beautiful babies!!

    I'm with you. Family is so important. The twins are so lucky to have four grandparents. I had four grandparents and a great grandma growing up. My Boo Ba doesn't have any grandparents now. But we make up for it. We are old enough to be his grandparents!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT...
    Love Grandparents they are the BEST..
    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you all got to spend some time together! Sounds like you had fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will probably come more now that the fire has been light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that the day went well! I'm sure one look at your adorable Chick and Pea and they were hooked!! Who wouldn't be? So happy K2's parents were able to visit and the littles could meet their grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that K2's parents got to meet the twins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a HUGE moment!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful to hear. I'm very happy for K2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope there are lots more grandparent and baby days to come.

    ReplyDelete