Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Beach Babies

I braved the library again this week and, though I was by myself again the experience was made easier because I brought a Bum*bo (<--link) with us.  Why didn't I think of this last week? I alternated babies in the seat so that each could experience the songs with me. 

Afterward, while driving home, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw this:

So, we kept driving so that they could have a good nap.  I drove to the beach where K2 and I launch our kayaks often during the summer.  I sat and watched Canada geese, ducks, seagulls and some swans while the babies slept.  It's not the first time I've taken them here to sleep while I sat amid the birds and I doubt it will be the last.
 









10 comments:

  1. Aaaaah . . . looks so peaceful! Just add a Timmy's and it would be perfect. :)

    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's a great idea to bring the Bumbo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you gave the library another chance and even more happy that you and the babies enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a wonderful (and brave) Mom!

    Isn't it funny the things you find yourself doing so the babies can sleep . . . and while sitting there peacefully you suddenly think "there's two babies with me!"

    I kinda miss those days:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are toooo CUTE...
    sounds like you had a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is adorable! What cuties. I'm glad you had a good day with the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart, smart cookie taking the Bumbo! Sweet pics of the babies sleeping in their seats and cozy covers. Car napping is a wonderful treat and I've taken your advice and now have a book on hand and cash for a drive thru. Today put her to sleep than grabbed a kids meal for lunch before we headed for swimming lessons. SO HAPPY that we're sharing mat leave and baby tips with one another!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rocking the Bumbo!

    I have a book in my purse for just such occasions. But our little miss can be moved w/o waking up!!!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day!
    Love the pic of them napping so peacefully.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete