Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's Been A While

I cannot believe how quickly time is passing this summer and am astounded that we are at the end of July already.  Sigh.

Thank you all so much for your comments and well wishes on the post about my mom.  I have to say that I wasn't worried about her, despite how worried she was.  I just had a strong feeling that it would all be okay and that if she did have cancer, she would be cured of it quickly.  I'm happy that she doesn't have to deal with it at all.

We were all geared up for referrals this month because my very good friend Catherine is SO close to seeing Hannah's face for the first time.  Sadly, Catherine missed the cutoff by one day and we were all pretty bummed for her.  The good news is that she is NEXT and I can't wait to finally see Hannah and to see Catherine become a mom.  Next up will be Doris and Dan and we can't wait for them to see their Baby Girl!!!

Speaking of new parents...Red Sand and Enviroman are leaving in TWO DAYS for China to meet their twin boys!!  How exciting is that?

K2 is working 10 hour days this summer which leaves me to my own devices Monday - Thursday for the better part of the day.  What happens when I am left to my own devices?  Organization and purging.  However, I must complete the organization and purge before K2 gets home each day so that he doesn't see all that I have thrown away.  He's not a pack rat, by any means, but he does like to hold onto things "just in case".  I have no emotional attachment to anything and can easily throw things away, so I do so while he is at work and he never catches on.  Deceptive?  Yes.  Necessary?  Absolutely.  As a result, our house is now very organized and mostly everything has a place.  We now need to focus on getting furniture for our finished basement.  My brother was storing a lot of his furniture down there, but he has moved it all out and into his new house.  Now, the basement is empty and we want to make it a living space.  Perhaps one of these days, K2 will come home to a fully furnished basement!

I am going to make more of an effort to post more often because I'm sure you're all just desperate to find out more about my organization follies.  Seriously, I need to get back to writing...

I leave you now with a picture of my biggest hinderance to organization:  Bear.  It takes forever to get going in the mornings because he pins me down until he's ready to let me go.

9 comments:

  1. Organization is good - I am just glad that Mark takes on that part.

    We will look forward to more writings from you here.

    I can't believe you would ever call Bear a hindrance - He is supercute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing...I wait until Josh is out of town and then I purge things. So sad, too bad.

    Could Bear BE any sweeter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never be upset for having to cuddle up for a while with such a suggle bear.

    Any great organizational tools you want to recommend. I also love "a place for everything and everything in it's place" and am always on the hunt for great products that help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, if you have the strength, come help me organize. I am not thrilled to have to do it all again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE purging stuff (not food...that kind is bad). Hubs is a packrat. I just put all his tools away while he is away and he will not be happy...they are piled up on his workbench but at least they are out of the way.

    Keep smilin!

    P.S. Did you move furniture around? Or did you flip the picture? The chair and table in the pic look to be in different spots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a real addcict when it comes to purging and organizing..post as much as you want about that!
    That's if bear will let you get up to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to do some of that organizing, too. Closets, drawers, piles, etc. Perhaps while Michael is recovering...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm envious of those who got the 'organization' gene. Sadly I missed part of that one in the gene pool. I have a bit of it but very little of the get-off-the-couch-and-get-your-butt-in-gear gene. :o)

    I'm sure your place looks amazing! If I'm not mistaken you may even have reorganized this space since last weeked?

    Bear is a cutie and his climbing and leaping skills amazing!

    Yay for more posts!

    Love you friend! Thanks for your encouragement. Can't wait to share Hannah's referral with you!!

    ReplyDelete