K2 and I live in a very small town in the Greater Toronto Area. We have everything we need here, but for the good stuff, we head to the city. Sushi is one of those things for which we have to travel into the city. We absolutely don't mind doing it (especially for sushi) but we have often thought about what life would be like with a sushi restaurant just down the road.
On my way home from work last night and just down the street from our house, my eyes fixated on something I have only ever seen in my dreams: a SUSHI RESTAURANT! You have no idea the thrill that ran through me as I drove past, rubbernecking to see if it had opened yet (it has not). I know it won't be better than "our place", but to have an actual sushi restaurant a minute down the road is going to be VERY dangerous. I like danger.
On another note, we had to take Bear into the cat hospital this afternooon to have him checked out. He's been having some tummy issues, so the doctor took some blood, some urine and *gasp* shaved his furry bum (he had some tangles there). Oh, the humanity. He has dropped a whole pound and a half since last summer (which is a lot for a kitty) so I'm a little worried. We'll get results tomorrow.
As if my mom hasn't been through enough. She found out last week that she may have endometrial cancer. She had a biopsy this afternoon and will get the results in a couple of weeks. The good news is that if it comes back positive for cancer, it is known for having the lowest death rate of any of the cancers. The only concern is that surgery is challenging with her heart/blood issues. Send good thoughts!
P.S. ONE more teaching day left until exams!!!
A new sushi restaurant!!! WOW!!! Well when it opens, give us a call and we can 'test' it with you!! I too am pretty sure that it won't compare in food and price to the 'other' one!
ReplyDeleteI hope all is well with Bear. Let us know when you get the results. Perhaps he lost weight because he is doing kitty calisthenics while you are at work...
Holy Crap about your mom - I will send LOTS of good thoughts your way...
Good to see you posting! I hope the new sushi place is good. We've got a new Thai restaurant in the neighborhood that everybody on Yelp! is raving about. Hopefully we'll get over there soon to check it out.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything will be okay with your kitty and your mom.
I look forward to checking this sushi joint out with you. I hope it is a great resto.
ReplyDeletePlease keep us posted on Mr B. I am saying a prayer for him. I am positive, positive, positive that all will be okay. As they get over, furbabies lose weight. Miss D lost weight and I asked the vet and she said all was fine. This was normal.
Ditto onthe prayers, good vibes, etc...for your mom. I am glad that they did not have to shave her bum to find out what is wrong.
Keep smilin!
sending prayers and positive thoughts for your mom. I guess it is good news about the type of cancer, but I hope it turns out she doesn't have it at all.
ReplyDeleteI hope your kitty is okay too!
Sending good thoughts about your mom and Bear!
ReplyDeleteLet us know about the restaurant...we're always up for sushi. :)
K1, thinking of your mom, and your kitty. I hope that the news is good news, my friend.
ReplyDeletePS- WOO HOO for almost being done school! !!!!!!!
Thinking about your mom and praying for the best.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for Bear too!
Sorry, I only have a minute. Scary news on mom and the Bear. I wish you the best.
ReplyDeleteJust checkin' in, my friend.
ReplyDeleteOn a light note: I am TOTALLY enjoying SYTYCD this season. One of the finalists took dance at the same studio Lily goes to. How cool is that?!?
Hope the Sushi joint opens soon. (confession: I've never tried sushi)
Now, on to more important things:
Definitely hoping and praying everything is OK with your mom and Bear.
Take care - and enjoy your summer:)