There are 22 days left of school before exams begin on June 19th. 22 days, people. I can't wait for summer to arrive, for the air to be consistently warm and for long evening walks in shorts and tees.
Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed this semester and the students I have (all ninety of them) are really sweet and good natured. For the most part, I think they think I'm insane, but that's okay. Today, as a review for a unit test we have tomorrow on Islam, I created a Jeopardy game on PowerPoint. I told them that there would be a prize for the winners. When all was said and done, I offered the winning team a Granny Smith Apple that was left over from my lunch. Would you believe that they actually wanted it? I walked over to their desks, apple in hand, then proceeded to lick the entire apple and cough all over it before attempting to hand it to them. Needless to say, they opted for me to keep it. Wonder why?
Last week, I was drinking from a bottle of water (in which I had poured lemonade crystals, so it was tinged with yellow). At one point in the afternoon, I had made a mistake with something I was saying and I immediately looked at my yellow water and declared that I was no longer going to drink Margaritas in the afternoon. They would only be a morning drink from now on.
Despite the insanity and my desperate attempts to make the days go by as quickly and as painless as possible, I'm ready for the year to end. The students are ready too. Time for beaches, sand, kayaking, and long, lingering evenings. I'm ready. 22 days.
you are a funny teacher! the world needs more like you!
ReplyDeleteyou sound like a fun teacher, the kind the students will remember years and years later ;)
ReplyDeleteI know I have a few stories about my crazy teachers from highschool, they were always my favorites!
Granny Smith apples are icky anytime - but with spit and cough on them...I would have to say no too!
ReplyDelete22 days - WOW - the time sure is flying by!!
C'mon summer!
No margaritas in the afternoon? Thanks be that there are only 22 days left...that is a lot of time for only morning drinking!
ReplyDeleteYou totally deserve the time off and rest and relaxation that comes with it.
Keep smilin!
What an awesome teach!! 22 days....suhhhhweeet!
ReplyDeleteYEAH, BABY! BRING ON THE SUMMER!
ReplyDeleteI'd be counting the days down too. I would love to have a nice hot Ontario summer here in the west.
ReplyDelete