K2 and I have been talking about ripping up the carpet in our great room/foyer for the past 8 years. When we built the house, the builder wanted to charge $4000 to install his not-so-pretty hardwood and we just couldn't justify spening that amount on top of the costs of a new house. So, we started a little hardwood fund and even though we have been able to purchase hardwood for a few years now, we just couldn't find one that we wanted at the price we had set our hearts on. However, two weeks ago, we found the hardwood that we have loved for so long at 20% off. In addition, the Canadian government is offering families a 15% tax break on all home renovations completed in 2009. So with 35% coming off of the total price, how could we NOT jump? The bad news? This is what my kitchen/great room looks like this morning. It will stay like this until Thursday when K2 and his brother begin to install it.


Last night, K2 and I ventured out for a Saturday night "date night". We went to the movies to see "Slumdog Millionaire". If you haven't seen this movie, you must. I wasn't keen on sitting in a theater watching something that was rumored to be quite sad, but it is so much more than that. Honestly, go.
On the way home, K2 and I were discussing the movie and the ramifications of orphans living in India and elsewhere in the world, when all of a sudden, K2 turned the radio up high enough so that I couldn't hear myself think. Now, to set the stage, K2's favorite music (or so I thought) is U2 and Depeche Mode, so when I heard
this song being cranked and belted out by him, I just about lost my theater popcorn. Even after 16 years of knowing my husband, I still find out new things about him. I guess that's a good thing.
Hardwood - why are all the boxes opened?? Can't wait to see the finished product. What colour did you choose?
ReplyDeleteSlumdog - not sure that I could watch the movie...I get weepy and upset at things like that.
Milkshake - I have never heard that song or of that singer. Though Mark enjoyed watching the video!
He is a man of many facets...
ReplyDeleteGonna look awesome! Can not wait to see it.
I am really looking forward to seeing SM...it is out on DVD at the end of the month. Waiting for that.
Keep smilin!
Can''t wait to see the floor in its finished state!
ReplyDeleteAlrighty then. I have never heard that song, interesting K2 knew the words.
ReplyDeleteApparently I'm easily distracted these days. All I can think is that I really, really want a milkshake right now.
ReplyDeleteI love renovating! It's so much fun to see the changes.
ReplyDeleteHilarious about the song. That's one thing I would love to see.
I really want to see that movie. It looks SO good!
ReplyDeleteThe new floor is going to look fabulous. I can't wait to see the pictures. I hope we can do the same with our LR/DR this year. I hate the carpet that is there. It never looks great. Have fun with the install.
ReplyDelete