Saturday, February 14, 2009

Interesting Turn of Events

Or...why I have had to move my blog.

I had mentioned just this past week, that I suspected that someone at work had been tampering with my laptop there.  Each night, before I leave work to come home, I log out of my computer.  However, this past week, I came into work to find that my computer had been turned completely off.  I never turn it off and only log out each night.  The thing is, I don't typically log out of my gmail and forums.

I mentioned it to one of my co-workers (whom I trust), to my husband and to my brother the other night.  No one really believed that it could be happening and no one really thought that much about it.  Fast forward to Friday night when I was checking my stat counter (something I rarely do) and saw that someone from the sch.ool boa.rd had been going through my archives.  Our sch.ool boar.d has a very distinct server and there is no mistaking it on a stat counter.  So, it is now completely obvious that not only has my computer been broken into, but whomever has done it has accessed all of my personal information.  Nice, eh?  And I teach in a Cath*olic Sch*ool.  Do unto others?  Right.

11 comments:

  1. THAT SUCKS!!

    The invasion of privacy is just so horrible. ESPECIALLY since you don't know what they have seen or not seen.

    Other then moving your blog - is there anything you can do about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's SO wrong on so many levels, I'm sorry it happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible! I too am sorry that it happened to you.

    That is such a violation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO wrong! I'm sorry you had to deal with that, but I am glad to be here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO wrong! I'm sorry you had to deal with that, but I am glad to be here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really sucks! So violating :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freakin unbelievable..ughhh some sneaky people out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch. That's just wrong. I'm sorry. And DEFINITELY..."do unto others" should apply here. And...well, everywhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ick...they're practicing what the "preach"

    ReplyDelete
  10. What crapheads! You should check with PIPO. She set herself up so there was no finding her via internet searching and such.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate people

    (but love you)

    ReplyDelete