Hi K.,
The doctor has made his diagnosis, and I am suffering from an acute case of "theredheadinmyworkspacedoesn'tlistentomeandhonourmyeveryworditis". The cure is self-apparent, and no - it is not for me to find another office.
To which I replied:
Dear M.,
As I was loosening your belt and tie yesterday, I started thinking...anyone walking through the office door would have assumed a sordid affair. I like my men on the floor and practically naked. It works for me.
Glad to know that you are okay and taking some time to recover. I've yet to kill a man (as far as I am aware) so I'm glad that you are keeping my statistics in check.
Take good care!!
Yours in cardiopulmonary care,
K.
I think he's going to be just fine.
Thanks to everyone who left a comment yesterday. A special thank you to my beloved Asshats. You are an amazing source of strength and love. M. is easier to treat than my mom at the moment. If I could take her heart issues away, I would.
K1
ReplyDeleteI am proud of the way that you handled the crisis in your office and that your colleague will be fine. Would of loved to have some pictures of the office scene from yesterday as I am sure the sale of the pictures would do well. Your Mom and I had our first appointment today as a follow up from Saturday with more tests and appointments this week.
Instructions for me so far: If your Mom flatlines at home I am to hit her with a pail of ice water or stick her head in the pail. Sure hope I never have to do it as if she pulls through I will be dead! Better instructions to come this week .. I hope.
Love
Dad
Still sending fervent wishes for heart issues to become non-issues...
ReplyDeleteI love your sense of humor (and M's and your dad's too!).
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that M is going to be ok.
ReplyDeleteSending good thoughts your way.
That sounds like a serious illness. Red heads can be bad that way.
ReplyDeleteHeh! Sounds like you have a great officemate! Makes work so much better. Glad to hear M is doing so well!
ReplyDeleteLove you dad's commet about your mom. Know where you get your wonerful sense of humour.
Still praying for your mom...and dad should he need to resort to plan B.
What an ordeal! You were amazing under pressure.
ReplyDeleteI hope your mom recovers fully and quickly.
Your life is far too exciting. Cut it out.
ReplyDeleteGotta say, I LOVE that reply. You are, indeed, my kinda gal. Finding a point of humor rocks.
ReplyDeleteIs it weird that I didn't know who the "red-head" in your story was?
ReplyDeleteGood to hear!
ReplyDeleteI love that your Dad's humour in the face of a stressful situation. I can see how he has influenced you.
Keep smilin!
I'm glad to hear that your officemate is doing better. Still sending you positive vibes for your family.
ReplyDeleteYes, humor sure helps get through the days.
ReplyDeleteSpecial thoughts for your mom (and M. too).
2k - I read your last couple of posts and I will be praying for you and the people surrounding you.
ReplyDeleteGood, good reply. Thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear your officemate is doing well. At least you didn't have to perform mouth to mouth on him. Imagine that rumor flying around if someone had walked in on it.
ReplyDeletePraying for your mom. If she has even half as much strength as you... I know she'll be fine. :)