Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008

January saw us knee deep in snow and trying to keeps our heads above water with work. Not a spectacular way to ring in the new year, but some months are like that.

February saw the arrival of a new little one in our family. Yes, that's right...we bought our Blueberry Yaris!! We love this little car and the money it has saved us this year!

March saw the arrival of another new little addition to our family; my most prized possession...my Macbook Pro! I can't believe I've only had it for less than a year! It feels like we've known one another all our lives.
March also saw us having a blast in Fort Lauderdale with this very fun couple! Oh, the memories!! "Las Olas!!!!"

April was a month to hook up with good friends in Kingston. I have never laughed so hard in my life and have never been as surprised as I was when I saw my best friend and her husband walk through the hotel doors!! What great times!!

May was a month of highs and lows. We experienced another miscarriage and it was difficult to work through the pain of it all. We pushed through it, though and are stronger for the challenge.
The highs in May included a much needed trip down the 401 with Catherine to catch up with Michelle and Mark at Doris and Dan's house for our annual Montreal Bloggy Summit. VERY good times were had.

Another fun high in May was seeing Sex and The City with Tanya in Kingston. A tradition that I think will continue for a long time.

In June, my brother and G-Man lost their beloved Henry. Such a good pup and gone too soon.

July brought fun in the sun as we jetted to Barbados with Tanya and her family. We laughed and laughed and laughed some more throughout the whole trip. Okay, I cried ONCE in the grocery store, but that's it!

August saw K2 and I riding the Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland. We felt very old standing in line amid all the teenagers, but the ride made it all worthwhile and it certainly delivered the thrill we were seeking.
August also saw us celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary! We're still kicking after all these years!

In September, our sweet G-Man started kindergarten!! Why do they grow up so fast? My brother told us that at parent/teacher interviews, the teacher said that G-Man was at the top of his class and in the "Zipper Club" for knowing how to zipper up his own jacket. How freaking cute is that?

In November, I chopped off all of my long locks in favor of a much shorter cut. I regret it, I won't lie, but it grows fast and will be long again by May.
Twilight premiered in November, so Tanya and I met in Kingston for a second time to view the film together. Good times, man...good times.

And now it's the end of December. December has been a busy, but fun month and our Christmas has been a lovely one spent with family and friends. Not a bad way to end the year, I tell ya.

Here's to the arrival of many new faces in 2009!! In particular, we look forward to seeing Daphne's face, Hannah's face, and Red Sand and Enviroman's new little one!! 2009 is going to be an amazing year for so many of my friends and I can't wait to be a part of it!
Happy New year!!

15 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Wishing you both much love and happiness in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had quite a year! I hope 2009 will be good to you.

    I really like this idea. I may steal it from you...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you both. May 2009 bring all your heart hopes for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year!

    Did you continue your tradition this evening?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and K2!!

    Glad and nice to see that I was part of your year! Where is our next trip to??

    Here's to next year (well this year now because it is the morning)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year friends!!! A year filled with so much. It was neat to read your post and travel back through the year with you. So many emotions we experience in a year and so thankful that we're there for one another through all of it. Love you so much friend! Looking forward to the next time we're together and building new memories in 2009! Thanks so much for your well wishes for Hannah and I. I can't wait to introduce her to her Auntie K1 and Uncle K2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!
    Hope 2009 brings you happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, my friend!! let's hope that this is a wonderful year for all of us!!

    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year K1 and K2! And to all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year K1 and K2! And I loved your recap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed, I wish wonderful things for you in 2009...each day of it!

    PS: I was really diggin' the haircut. Sorry you don't feel the love. Alas, you are one of those gals who would be beautiful with the same hairstyle as my girl :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New year!! Wishing you health and happiness in 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been an honor and a priviledge to follow along on your journey thru 2008...and I look forward to seeing what 2009 brings.

    You're an incredible woman, and friend.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have loved every minute that we spent with you in 2008. And look forward to spending even more time in 2009 with you, our special and dear friends.

    May 2009 bring us both much happiness.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete