Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Happy Place

I think I have referenced my taste in music here on the blog before. I'm not a huge fan. I'm more of a "News Radio" type of girl and prefer to be "in the know" than "in the mosh pit".

However, last night I heard a song that I have officially renamed, "My Summer Song" and it has spurred me into making a Summer of 2008 CD. K2 and my brother (with G-Man's help) put up our sunshade in the backyard last weekend and I plan on spending a ton of time back there listening to some of my favorite summer tunes. So far, I've got the song below (my current favorite), Sweet Home Alabama, Feel Like Makin' Love, and some Bob Marley (Jammin'). I need some more ideas for favorite Summer Songs, so leave a comment and give me some inspiration. A girl has to have some kind of happy place.

There are rules for listening to my new favorite song:
1. You must play it loud
2. You must have a drink in hand
3. You must sing along
4. You must think of me when you hear it all summer long



We have a long weekend scheduled here in Canada and we are looking forward to spending it with some very important people. Stay tuned for updates from our other "Happy Place".

17 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Got time to burn me a copy before ya head out? I will call the K Soundtrack Of Summer 2008!!

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...ideas...

    Corrine Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On

    Crowded House - Always Take The Weather With You

    David Hasselhoff - Hooked On A Feeling (for shits and giggles)

    Duffy - Mercy (new song on the radio)

    Jamiroquoi - Virtual Insanity

    KC and the Sunshine Band - Play That Funky Music White Boy

    Nelly - Hot In Here

    Offspring - Pretty Fly For A White Guy

    robin thicke - lost without you (sexy summer song)

    Robin Thicke - When I Get You Alone (makes me open the windows and sing loudly)

    Smash Mouth - Holiday In My Head

    The Gypsy Kings - Bamboleo (sitting on a terrasse in downtown Mtl drinking sangria)

    I better stop there...

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...that's quite the list D left!

    You should have seen the shocked look on my face when you were talkin' bout music!! :o) Glad you're in your happy place. Want some company friend?

    Ahhhh....long weekend with friends! Sweet, sweet music to our ears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT idea!
    And, I love that song too...I love that he is singin' about my fine state!
    I'll think about some more fun summer tunes and get back to you.

    Oh, and have a FABULOUS time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found your happy place.

    Enjoy the weekend! We'll be busy unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie Raitt - Something to Talk About
    Shania Twain - UP
    Brown Eyed Girl
    Bruce - Pink Cadilac

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am grooving to the new Neil Diamond CD. I also am really into the Sarah McLachlan cd of B sides volume 2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your in your happy place and you'll be spending time with friends this weekend. How about adding Kim Mitchell's Patio Lanterns?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so maybe this isn't the most minister-like comment, but right now I've been grooving to Madonna's song "Candy Shop" off her new album Hard Candy. Downloaded it this week and have listened to it...oh, I don't know...dozens of times already.

    (And Madonna's closest tour place is Houston...five hours from me...November 16th...when you have a kid is it okay to justify several hundred dollars worth of Madonna tickets? Man...I want to go so bad.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thought of one:
    Rihanna (sp?) "Please Don't stop the Music"...I love playing that one loud with the windows down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I'm a friend of Doris' whom you've never met but hopefully we will this weekend :O) Great summer song from last year:
    Timbaland featuring Keri Hilson - The Way I Are
    Justin Timberlake: Sexy Back! Play it loud!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great song! Didn't know it!

    I have a few songs that make me think of the sun shining...windows rolled down in the car...hair blowing in the wind...and the radio blaring...
    They are all Classics!

    Fat Bottom Girls -Queen
    Second Hand News - Fleetwood Mac
    Just like Paradise- David Lee Roth (actually got a speeding ticket to this song!!)
    Fool in the rain- Led Zeppelin
    Hot Legs- Rod Stewart
    Gimme All Your Lovin- ZZ TOP
    Any Bob Marley
    Any Jimmy Buffet

    I could go on...and on...heehee...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great song!!!

    Here is my suggestion: "Summer in the City" by The Lovin' Spoonfulls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just re-discovered my Lenny Kravitz Greatest Hits CD.

    Loud, indeed.

    Also, some other oldies:

    Best of My Love - The Emotions

    Walk Away - Kelly Clarkson

    Freedom - George Michael

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, frighteningly enough, my list originally looked a LOT like Doris'!!!!! So now I'm amending my list with different songs. There is no rhyme or reason to any of them, other than they all evoke different feelings from me and different memories throughout my entire life so far. PS – I’ve got every single one of these songs and will GLADLY burn you a cd of them – just shoot me your addy! :


    Summertime, by Will Smith (might be under Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince

    If I Had A Boat, by Lyle Lovett

    Pennies From Heaven, by Louis Prima

    Dancing Queen, by ABBA

    Angelina, by Keb’ Mo’

    Going to California, by Led Zepplin

    I’m Too Sexy, by Right Said Fred

    Jin Go Lo Ba, by Santana

    Rich Girl, by Hall & Oates

    “Summer, Highland Falls”, by Billy Joel

    Young Americans, by David Bowie

    The Humpty Dance, by Digital Underground

    Cross My Mind, by Jill Scott

    Soul Food, by Leela James

    Road To Ensenada, by Lyle Lovett (he’s so good, I had to list him twice!)

    Musicology, by Prince


    Yeah ok, so I could go on forever, but I’ll spare you…lol. Can you tell I love ALL sorts of music???

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh.me toooooooooooo

    you know what skanky sexy kid does for me :)

    ReplyDelete