Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!



Anyone who reads my blog faithfully knows just what an amazing source of strength my father is to me. He doesn't comment often, but when he leaves his mark, it is full of sage words and advice.

36 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Daddy! I've often heard you speak so highly of him and how much he means to you. Even when we're adults a girl needs her Daddy. So glad yours is there for you.

    (((hugs))) sweet friend. Squeezing you real tight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad sounds like such a great guy. I'm glad he can be there for you, K1.

    But I'm worried about you. Are you okay? If you need anything....even just to talk....you know I'm here.

    I'm hugging ya too........

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your dad! I love reading his comments on your blog, you can just feel the love in his words.

    Hugs to you my friend...Please let me know if you need anything at all. I'm thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have noticed you dad is a great guy. Not that I am surprised, you are a great girl.

    I am sorry you are sad. Wish it was different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your Dad, the big Sens fan! He seems to be such a caring and loving man.
    Hope you'll feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to a super supportive and loving Dad.

    Keep smilin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your dad!!

    Hope you are okay; sending you hugs...

    Sandra
    http://www.jazzieandtahlia.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dad is an amazing man - his comments always make ME cry. You are blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with him!

    You know how to reach me if you need anything...
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. K1 & K2
    A candle burns brightly for the two of you tonight. A father would like to think that he can take away all the hurt and tears. Several years ago I couldn't help your brother's hurt and tonight I can't remove yours. I keep moving forward as I am sure that your dreams will be realized some day.
    I have a beautiful daughter who must allow herself to dream.
    Thanks for the beautiful post and don't ever think that you let me down for you never could.
    All my love
    A very old Dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, K1's dad!

    I'm sorry you're feeling down, K1, if there's *anything* you need, don't hesitate...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your Dad K1. What a sweet post your Dad wrote. Sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with your Dad that many can only dream of having with their father.

    I too have been thinking of you and hoping you're o.k. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to your dad!

    I'm sorry you are sad and I am sending my hugs. I hope things are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I was going to say "What a happy/sad post" and leave it at that, but then your daddy made me cry. That was so sweet. I wish my dad could say something like that to me. I'm sorry you're sad. I'm happy you have such a great dad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, go get the kleenex.....
    Best wishes to you Dad on his birthday.
    Your so lucky to have such a great relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is wonderful that you have such a great relationship with him.

    Happy Birthday Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Dad!

    I always read his comments and wish I had one just like him. You're a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope your Dad had an awesome birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to your wonderful Father!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Belated Birthdya to a man who must be wonderful cos he raised an amazing daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated b-day to Papa Kayak! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! I hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday to a very loving father! Hope you're doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday to your wonderful father.... I'm thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lucky you for having such a wonderful dad. Happy birthday to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday to your Dad! And that was a lovely tribute you him.

    ReplyDelete
  26. um.........since I am your fiancee
    that makes him my dad too right?

    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've read your dad's posts before, and yes, he is a great guy!! Happy Belated birthday to him! :)

    I know you celebrated your turkey day already, but Happy Thanksgiving from your AZ bloggy friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Where are you? Hope things are well!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey. I wanted to email you, but have misplaced your address.
    Thinking about you...please know that!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope you ok. Thinking about you dear k1 and k2.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm not sure why, but in bloglines I just read a post about November, but when I opened your site it's gone. I just wanted you to know that though I don't know what has been going on, my heart felt full with (?) empathy reading that post and I've missed you guys. I assumed that like all of us, life had become so busy with the holidays approaching that maybe you didn't have time to be posting. I'm sorry it wasn't as simple as that.

    You have always been such a source of comfort to me in my heartfelt posts... I wish I'd known so I could have reciprocated that love. Know that tonight I go to my knees and pray for you all... my thoughts are with you.

    And when you are ready, we will be here, to listen, to hold your hand, to lean on.

    XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy belated Birthday Kathy's Dad!

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete